Hello! I've decided to make a new account today after being off of dA for several years (perhaps 4-6 years maybe? All I remember is that I used to come here in my teenager Gaia Online years) and I'm hoping that this will be a resourceful place for improving my skills and building an audience. If any regulars here would be able to answer some questions I have about going in the direction of getting constructive criticism and improving, I would be very grateful!
- What are some good ways of getting useful feedback on my stuff? Are there any groups or communities (I'm sorry if I don't know the proper lingo here, but I hope you'll know what I mean) that are known for constructive criticism that I could join?
- What can I do to encourage people to critique my stuff aside from seeking out groups that specialize in that?
- Do people even care about stuff that isn't fanart or an OC?
- What can I do to minimize the risk of my art being stolen/copied by someone else?
- (If you have Core membership) I'm considering getting Core membership if I like it here. What made you decide to get Core membership? How has it helped you? Would you recommend it?
Thanks to everyone that takes the time to read this and has the patience to help a newbie out! c: